The D’ussé Don

Featured artist: Highway Holiday - The D'ussé Don


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Highway Holiday from Los Angeles to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Highway Holiday! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Highway Holiday: I decided to become an artist when I realized I was good at putting words together that rhymed and telling stories at the same time. When I was first started everyone would always tell me that I needed to make a "real song" and finally I did.

Never stop. Your situation will be elevated by your hustle, grind and dedication.

- Highway Holiday


What about concerts? Do you play live?

My current plan is to do a tiny desk style of concert to promote my EP. As of now I perform an open mic venues mostly.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"My youngin gone step on you then step over you like Iverson"
"30 in the clip I call him Curry he's a sniper man"

——Business Man
The D'ussé Don EP

- Highway Holiday

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I just released my first EP titled The D'ussé Don EP on February 25, 2022. It has 4 songs which are all released individually as singles also.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would definitely sign a contract with a major label as long as the terms were understood and clear from the beginning. The pros of signing to a major label would obviously be the machine they are able to put behind your promotion and marketing and radio is still a viable source to make a star. The cons of signing with a major label would be you don't own your own material and you're not in control of what you release and when you release.

Any last words?

Definitely IllyOnTheBeat for recording the entire EP also mix and mastering it and producing The Beat for the song OMW.
My Business Partner JCousin. And also Ericka and The Strange Fruit Empire.

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Highway Holiday: https://songwhip.com/highwayholiday

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!