Tired of cliche hip hop? Check out Jaiz!


Featured artist: Jaiz - Tired of cliche hip hop? Check out Jaiz!


Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Jaiz.
How did you decide to become an artist?
Jaiz: Honestly, it started out with me being a very impressionable child. I idolized my late brother Doug growing up who was a singer/songwriter/artist. I wanted to be able to do what he did to be closer with him. Seeing his passion for this craft was abundantly crystallized in my eyes. It made me realize how much of an art music is. I used to make beats with my hands using tin foil as a hi hat, and a stove as a snare drum. My brother would either rap or sing along with it on a cheap radio shack recorder. In school I would put on little concerts. I would rap while banging on bleachers, school desks, and lunch tables with my hands. I would eventually write my own stuff and record in the same fashion as I did with my brother. It took a long time before I had access to decent recording equipment. It wasn’t until I met a former friend from school where I had anything that sounded good. He produced my vocals and made beats here and there. I learned a lot from him and he was like a mentor. Nothing lasts forever, and I eventually transitioned into doing my own vocal production. My same friend made my first few music videos, and I eventually made my own music videos. With a lot of time writing and recording, the artist inside really came together. I’m very proud of how far I have come, but also appreciate my humble beginnings.
The best advice given to me as an artist was to practice, and to never give up on your passion.

- Jaiz
What about concerts? Do you play live?
Performing live is a future goal of mine, but I am not currently doing live shows.
Best punchline you ever wrote?


Slashin’ every cut with the fine precision of a man in prison/ For the massive acts of slittin’ hearts out with a cardiac condition/
- Jaiz

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?
I’m always working on something. I’m working on releasing some new music and new music videos. I’ve released singles which are available on iTunes, Amazon MP3, Google Play, and other online retailers.
Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?
Right now I would say no. I really enjoy being an an independent underground artist. You never know what the future holds though. The internet and social media has really provided a phenomenal platform for artists promotion. I wouldn’t want to be compromised, molded, or manufactured in any way as an artist. I’ve learned to never say never as things can change, and I could feel differently one day.
Any last words?
I would like to give a shout out to anyone past or present who has supported me as an artist. I have love for people in any part of the world.
Where can we contact you?
Jaiz: http://JaizMusic.com
Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--
Amanda Aselia, the author of this interview, is a long time blogger, entertainment journalist with a strong expertise in artist development and branding and author of the book "Rappers' secrets 2 success" .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!



.

Share this interview and spread the word!