The florida rapper that got the streets talking...

Featured artist: Redd Moody - The florida rapper that got the streets talking...


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Redd Moody from Gainesville to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Redd Moody! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Redd Moody: When I was in high school, I seen one of my partners Pakman Blaze do a talent show.He performed a song that he wrote and produced/ recorded right in his room at his home all his self! After he walked off stage the whole school went crazy! Back then,way I'm from there was no local rappers at our age with a recorded song out back then! So seeing the response from the way he rock that crowd made me say to myself,damn I can do that! Plus I had be writing songs in class all day and rapping in the lunch room with a few of my homies who listened to rap music. After leaving the talent show I went home and started working on a tape.I got the bass boosted tapes to record on with two tape players,one to play the beat and one to record my voice.It was over after that! Lol ,I never stop doin music since that day forth!

"Let your actions speak louder than your words!"

Being a rapper is so competitive and everyone is trying to discredit everything you say and do at every moment. Bruh, you have to learn how to separate yourself from negative people, who are not in-line with what you are trying to accomplish. You will be tested over and over but one thing your haters can't take away from a artist is your work. Most of the time a artist gets the most criticism from people who can't even write a rap or rhyme to save their life! The only way to shut those critics up is threw your actions! Once you prove them wrong, over and over without arguing or getting upset with them,you'll usually win them over!

- Redd Moody


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yeah, I have been doin shows in Florida this past year ,I try to get booked as much as I can. I haven't had a show in almost two months because I was working on finishing up this new ,#certified project!
But I do have some shows on the calendar for next month and the month after so I can't wait to get back on stage and rock out with this GShit I just just dropped!
Oh and if anyone wanna book me for ya birthday partys, or events you can hit the email reddmoodybookings@gmail.com
This is the only booking email to book me at!!!
Prices going up soon so get at me ASAP before my project drop 1st of the year. I will come rock yo shit and show love to yo city or town!knowdat

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"I know he working fa dem people he been ah snitch / if they lookin for some chicken tellin em Popeyes got sandwiches"
- Redd Moody

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on dropping a new song every few months until I drop my CERTIFIED project!
It's gone be hard I promise.Thats all I do,i mean from the beats to the lyrics,I'm goin in like its my last time rapping or something! I know the type of music I do created a lot of hate towards me because I speak the truth in my songs and I don't hold back on how I feel about situations that really be goin on in our area of North Florida. By doing that, it's a lot of fans that look up to me fa being so bold & aggressive in my music during this climate of the rap world that is all about not offending the wrong people,but I feel that's what makes me stand out and a lot of people salute me for standing for something and not being a yes man! My music redefines the definition of down south gangsta music! I'm standing on that old law,the same mind set 2pac had when he was in his creative state of mind.We just built different in North Florida and we don't give up easy, the motto around here is we don't get mad we get even! And that's really how shit is down here so my music speaks on real life emotions that street cats feel and the mind set in which they are in that leads up to why a lot of things take place in the streets.I speak about trust,love,hate,jealousy,friendship,loyalty,lust,pain,
Betrayal, anger,depression,gun violence, and a lot more realistic things..but I put the medicine in the candy so to say! I'm not going to preach or judge ,I just get a hardcore raw ass beat and I get Str8 to the point ,raw and uncut! And my fans love it!

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yea,I would sign to a major, i fell there is only so far you can go on your own as an independent artist and one day I wanna be on the radio and billboards top 10! That's just a dream of mine to have a machine behind me to get my voice heard all over the world at one time and everybody knows my song. So with the right situation and team behind me I would do it. I have turned down deals before but I was stuck in my old way of thinking back then and I was trying to prove a point to a few people that I can do it on my own! But I learned that you need a team and at the end of the day it's about handling your business as a artist. I want to sign with a major to learn from them on how the enter machine works so I can one day partner with a major and run my own company! Plus I want to make my mark in my area to show these youngsters that it's possible to come from where we come from and make it to a level we only dream of! So yes,i would definitely sign..i always looked up to cash money records and I like how Atlantic records put out there artist as well as interscope!

Any last words?

SayNie,i wanna give a Big salute to Putnam County,Fl that's what molded me into the person I am today!
City of Palatka,Fl is a big part in the shaping of my music because I can up listening to a few big dawgs from east Palatka such as Korner boy entertainment with Twan Dallas He was the 1st Rapper to ever put Putnam County on the map and it was rumored that T.I. Stole his song "SET IT OUT" which was a major hit in our area and they say Tip put the song on his group PSC (pimp squad click) album back in the day and that had the city upset fa sum years i remember. Then you got the L&HH reality star lil Scrappy who use to rap and had a song called "Headbussas" out back in the day around the time that shit happen with Ti and Twan D. Lil Scappy came to our section and did a show a my uncle cluband called out the whole city like we just pussy or weak down here! Excuse my language bruh but ,this fuck nigga just did an interview about a week ago acting like he don't know why the whole hood jumped on him in the club that night! "Lil Scrappy know why they jump on him", he got on the mic and say that we was country, lame,and dirty! Then he say he don't see no Gs in the building and that we act like we don't love him …somebody even said they heard him say fuck 3rd life! And that's a good in Putnam county that is well known fa gang bangin so what you expected my nigga? My lil dawg who died shortly after all that shit happen was the one who hit Scrappy in his mouf that night! The whole city knows this.i just dropped a song and I didn't hold back on how I feel about dawg! I don't really do the rap beef shit and how I see it this ain't no beef,but you not bout to mention my section and not get a response from one of the certified steppas that's all I know! It's 3 Main Street rappers that's well known in Putnam County,and I'm one of them! Knowdat it's my duty to say something ya heard meh!

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Redd Moody: https://www.instagram.com/certified_steppah

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!