North Carolina’s next artist to watch!

Featured artist: Drastikk - North Carolina's next artist to watch!


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Drastikk from Henderson to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Drastikk! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Drastikk: I always listened to music since a little kid and I loved writing so it felt natural. Around 8th grade I realized I could write my own songs maybe get people to love me as an artist too! I decided right then I would become a music artist. I didn't have any recording equipment or a name, but I knew this is what I want to do for life!

The same passion that drives you, can be the same passion that crashes you.

- Drastikk


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes I play live and I love the stage to be honest! Yes I've performed at concerts in the past and I'm sure to have many other coming in the future.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Ain't no sense in battling me/ it's pointless, like getting out the shower to pee/ -Drastikk
- Drastikk

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on the latest installment of my mixtape series titled "Sarcastik 3." I have a lead single titled "It's Up" releasing online and to all streaming platforms on August 27th 2019. The single will be released along with a music video that's already finished! I'm excited about this project and I hope my fans will love and embrace the mixtape.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yes I would sign a major deal for the right amount and terms. I feel like the pros would be the ability to be heard on a bigger platform because they have the staff and relationships to break new artists under their brand. There's many pros but another top one to me would be the amount of exposure and marketing that's pushed into your project. The cons would have to be not having ownership and uneven royalties depending on the deal. It all depends on the stipulations and details in the contract for me.

Any last words?

I want to shout out the whole city of Henderson and the state of North Carolina because we the wave!

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Drastikk: http://Twitter.com/imdrastikk

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!