A millennial from Atlanta

Featured artist: LATENIGHTJACE - A millennial from Atlanta


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist LATENIGHTJACE from Atlanta to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, LATENIGHTJACE! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

LATENIGHTJACE: I've always wanted to be an artist since I was a kid. It just followed me to adulthood. I went to college to be a fashion designer. So I was always around the arts in college as well.

When you're letting people hear your music all you need to do is make one person happy & you have done your job.

- LATENIGHTJACE


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I have only done one live show. I plan on doing more when I have resources available to me. Right now I'm just trying to gain a following on the Internet.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"How many niggas did it take to make her less, but still spread faster than brides legs on her honey moon"
- LATENIGHTJACE

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm working on my EP "3000" I already have one single out that's going to be on it titled Supernova "Extended". I've also released an EP titled "The Darkest Phase", and another one called "The Fall of First Semester" I worked really hard on the but I know I've grown since then.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yeah I would sign. The pros would have to be the exposure. You would almost immediately be on the map as a major artist. Even though a lot people are staying indie nowadays I would have to ink the paper. Some of the cons will be that the label will be all in your pockets. Some get their publishing taking away. You just have to make the right move so you won't get messed over.

Any last words?

Yeah shout out to Taski Martell, he's a dope artist. We working on a music group called NightLight Records. Shout out Kirill he's a good artist as well and photographer.
Also shout out to Justyin The Composer, without him my EP "The Darkest Phase" would of been way different. He's a talented producer from Atlanta.

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

LATENIGHTJACE: https://www.instagram.com/latenightjace/

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!