Legend in the making

Featured artist: Lex DaBenefit - Legend in the making


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Lex DaBenefit from Charlotte to talk about her recent music, her upcoming projects, her career advice and her overall experiences being in the music industry and she did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Lex DaBenefit! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Lex DaBenefit: I have been surrounded by music my whole life. My cousins and my brother that is no longer with us was an artist. I have loved all aspects of music and it is truly my therapy!

Best advice given to me as an artist and in life is to stay true to myself. My advice to anyone is remember the sky is the limit; though you will experience some lows you can only go up.

- Lex DaBenefit


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I have not been on tour or featured in any concerts yet but I am working on getting bookings

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Colder than a winter storm and cooler than a ceiling fan
- Lex DaBenefit

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I just released my single "Summer Play" and I'm working on part 1 of a 2 part ep called the buildings of DaBenefit.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

As an independent artist I am still in control of my music once signed I know that will slightly change.

Any last words?

Shout out to the man upstairs, my mom, my brother, cousins, Whitney Millionaire Watson, Kamesha, Keisha' and all my fans.

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Lex DaBenefit: https://www.youtube.com/user/allieog08

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!