It’s a new wave in the streets with an original feel

Featured artist: Mrdotlegend - It's a new wave in the streets with an original feel


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Mrdotlegend from Baltimore to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Mrdotlegend! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Mrdotlegend: I seen a music video at the age of 2 from a hiphop legend by the name of "Biz Markie" titled – just a friend and after that I was sold running around the house singing it and eventually as time past I got older (about 10) and I began teaching myself how to write music and count bars on my own.Which I decided to take seriously as more time past and have been pushing my career every since!
I thank whoever came out with social media & streaming services because it has opened unbelievable doors for my career I wasn't able to open in prior years.
I have trained myself and learned not only the lyrical side of music but also the production (beats which I have been producing since I was 16), recording myself,Mixing and mastering and even marketing/promotion.

Keep going and never take a wooden nickel!

- Mrdotlegend


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes I have shows on the monthly basis.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Yea go ahead and check my slurring a** out
I'm doing more than that N***a that's
laying on your couch!
- Mrdotlegend

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on a new album due to release soon called "Flawless Victory" and yes I do have past works available on all streaming platforms and my website www.Mrdotlegend.com for half the price of a $0.99 stream.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yes!

My pro's: They have relationships with big sponsors and other very popular entertainment companies and own most of the Rap game as far as Streaming service playlist, radio stations and more that you cannot 9 times out of 10 build on your own.

My cons: A lot of labels will take full ownership of your masters and take away your creative control which could raise an issue for a long lasting career but that's why I tell any and everyone to read fully what is presented to you and if it doesn't feel right don't do it!

Any last words?

I just wanna give a shout-out to all young and aspiring artist from my city to stay focused because there is a way out of the hole!There is a light at the end of the tunnel!Just don't stop creating no matter what.

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Mrdotlegend: https://www.mrdotlegend.com/

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!