Is this the future of millennial music?

Featured artist: Koty Rocks - Is this the future of millennial music?


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Koty Rocks from Oceanside to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Koty Rocks! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Koty Rocks: I've always loved music but never even considered becoming an artist until I first got locked up and I met this guy named Richie & I'll never forget this guy because he had a giant crooked THUG LIFE tattooed across his neck, I remember it was like the second week of being incarcerated and he must have seen me looking depressed about my situation so he sat down and we talked for a bit then he gave me a book called the alchemist & I remember going back to my cell and reading that entire book that night & when I finished something changed in me, I truly believed that anything I wanted to achieve I could manifest. When I got out I was on house arrest so I just spent hours making music to get out of my head and eventually dropped my first song and everyone liked it, that's when I decided that's what I wanted to do with my life

The best advice I would give another artist is to sit down and try to focus on your end game for an entire 10 minutes a day without any distractions, no cellphones or tv's just you in a silent room. Try to paint a clear picture of where you want to be in your head & your mind will slowly help make it your reality.

- Koty Rocks


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I've done a few shows in Vegas, Memphis & Cali but nothing major yet.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


No manager, I can't be managed!
- Koty Rocks

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

My project #SMELLSLIKETEENBULLSHIT is dropping in the next couple of months on all media outlets follow @kotyrocks to get updated

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I definitely see myself signing to a label in the future, i think it would be a positive thing, I'd rather have a small portion of something with value than a lot of something with no value. Plus the exposure a big label brings the artist is priceless!

Any last words?

Big shoutout to OCEANSIDE CA. that's place where the whole journey started🤙🏽

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Koty Rocks: https://soundcloud.com/kotyrocks

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!