The Gold Coast Is Talking

Featured artist: JDHD - The Gold Coast Is Talking


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist JDHD from the Gold Coast to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, JDHD! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

JDHD: I didn't really decide it was more a fact it chose me. I have always been into poetry but didn't really get into lyricism until about a 18 months ago.

Never be discouraged, believe in yourself and go for it. Don't give up but also understand you will have to make sacrifices.

- JDHD


What about concerts? Do you play live?

150%. I love to perform live. I love to perform at any opportunity in front of a live audience. It is the most inspiring feeling you can imagine.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"I've got a tissue for your issue. You know usually I wouldn't diss you, it's a new year and I choose you like Pokemon when I pick at you (Pikachu)"
- JDHD

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on my debut 14 track album right now and currently just released a single "Blast Off" check it out on Spotify. I also have some videos on YouTube and another one in production right now but more to come in 2020 so stay tuned.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I think with the right guidance and negotiations between my team and I, i'm sure I would sign to a major label as the pro's would be having my music heard by a mass audience as the major labels have the resources that a lot of independent artists and labels don't have access to but also labels are a business and profit driven and ownership over all my creative work just doesn't sit right with me.

Any last words?

I would like to give a massive shout-out to Mansion Music Group, AON Entertainment and Trashy White founder of AON Entertainment for all the opportunities they have provided me I wouldn't be where i am without them. I would like to give huge thank you to Peter Smith form Omni 360 for investing in me and my music your support is beyond appreciated and last but not least anyone who has put in work into my music and supported me on my journey so far. Thank you all.

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

JDHD: https://www.facebook.com/JDHD.music/

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!