Cult Encounters in your area

Featured artist: Tylr C - Cult Encounters in your area


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Tylr C from Saginaw to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Tylr C! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Tylr C: From my love of music, I've loved music ever since I could understand what it was at an early age, I started to fall in love with hip-hop specifically around the age of 12, I've been making music since I was 13 and I'm 19 now so about 6 years

The best advice I would give is to just always work on your craft, and always know there will always be haters, and there will always be people who appreciate your craft, you have to focus on the people who appreciate it and build off of that.

- Tylr C


What about concerts? Do you play live?

My collective 'Cult Encounters' has done a few shows in the Northern Michigan area, a lot more coming too, R.R.G x Cult Encounters Co. show is March 17th as Studio Anatomy I believe.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I have like over 400 songs on my drive but I really love a little part of a verse on my newest solo album, it goes:
just dancin wit my devil tryna not lose my balance
i was gifted wit some talents
so i gotta own it every second
this mic be my weapon
but it's only my first
you know I gotta second
a third and a fourth
we in the south not the north
where they just knock down yo doors
- Tylr C

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm always just making tunes everyday, I just finished my solo album titled 'I Just Wanna Rap' and my collective 'Cult Encounters' which consists of 4 rappers and 3 producers, just finished our first full length collective/group album titled 'LethalEncounters' but in general we're always just making tons of music, right now we're not working on a specific project since we just finished our 2 big releases for this year, $adflcko is going to be starting his 2020 solo album 'A War Of Words' in the next couple of months also.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I wouldn't unless it was like $10 million or some crazy shit like that, we fully independent Cult Encounters till the grave

Any last words?

Shoutout to $adflcko, tommydarko, Pilly, and DMTree, Cult Clan forever

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Tylr C: twitter.com/tylrrc

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!