Mann In The Mirror

Featured artist: Ds Dakati - Mann In The Mirror


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Ds Dakati from Inglewood to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Ds Dakati! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Ds Dakati: My father was a percussionist and my mother was a vocalist so my passion started through family musicians when i hear Hip-Hop. I immediately wanted to try it and I wrote my 1st rhymes in 6th grade.

Nobody ever gave me good advice, they just told me to change my name when i really started making mixtapes because i went by the name DanxSmoke in the early stages of my career so about 6 years ago I changed my name to what it its currently: Ds Dakati

- Ds Dakati


What about concerts? Do you play live?

yes i play live as much as im allowed but dealing with promoters I would have to say is the worst

Best punchline you ever wrote?


How you gangster when the gun weight more then you do / Fake bloods Fake crips with the voodoo / I'm from the hood but I dont do what you do lying bout sending weight on the chu-chu (train)

Song: Alone

- Ds Dakati

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on my album Evolve, hopefully it will be dropping late november. I've released 3 songs of of it already 1.not quite 2.Alone 3.younger self

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

If it had more benefits than clauses and if the advance had options for more advances then that would be a pro but then the cons are giving up a piece of your publishing also giving up a piece of your masters and them not promoting you right or giving you the features that you want on your album

Any last words?

God,Inglewood,ca my family and everybody in hip-hop

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Ds Dakati: www.dsdakatiworld.com

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!