...and then LeCadre (finally).

Featured artist: LeCadre - …and then LeCadre (finally).


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist LeCadre from Brooklyn / Houston to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, LeCadre! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

LeCadre: I've always been an artist, lol at least in my head. I wrote my first song when I was around twelve or thirteen. I thought you had to write the entire time length of the music so that song was like 4 pages front and back. I don't think I ever let anyone hear that one.

The best advice given to me would be "keep going" if you stop now, you will be mad at yourself for being in the same spot that you're in. So no matter what, "keep going."

- LeCadre


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Play live? Man I have live conversations! I try to make my shows more than an "I perform, you watch" situation. I like to engage with my audience, if I'm having a f*ucked up day I'll probably talk about it at some point during the show. I think it helps the crowd relate to you that much more.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"You really must not really care nicca,
that your bitch all up in here nicca,
she fucking up all of her hair nicca,
cuz Cadre might let her get near a nicca."

- LeCadre

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Right now I'm working on the 2nd EP in a collection of three that I call my "Dialog Catalog."*(tm)
Basically it's three EP's of me letting the world get to know me before we embark on this wild ass ride.
The first EP was "…and then LeCadre" released Nov. of 2018. You should check it out!

#LeCadre

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I'd consider it but I try to shoot for a joint venture if possible. I mean the financial backing is a beautiful thing but there's something to be said for building something from the ground up. You take a sense of pride in that, like that's my baby. I made her into a monster and now no one can stop her.

Any last words?

Oh hell yea, absolutely! First and foremost want to shout out the "DayneGang" those my mfuccn people!
2nd, I'd like to shout out the entire city of Houston, my 2nd home. Soufwest!
3rd, Brooklyn you already know, my point of entry…

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

LeCadre: https://gdane60.wixsite.com/widerule

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!