Next up out of jersey?

Featured artist: Grim - Next up out of jersey?


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Grim from Asbury Park to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Grim! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Grim: I grew up always listening to music, Hip Hop in particular and would make it a point to memorize the lyrics and cadence of all my favorite rappers and after doing that for sometime, one of my friends said "why don't you just make your own" and here I am.

Make music for YOU. If you love your music, others will match your energy.

- Grim


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I have not had a show yet. I want my first show to be in front of just my fans. No openers.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


The sky's the limit, unless you're a star
- Grim

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Releasing a mixtape in August, and I debut album this fall along with a bunch of singles in between

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would have to have full creative direction over what and when I release, and a really big advance, haha!

Any last words?

My mother my father. R.I.P
NEW JERSEY
God

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Grim: http://www.soundcloud.com/realgrim

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!