Song writer, Rapper, Singer, Performer

Featured artist: Tommy Ca$h Vercetti - Song writer, Rapper, Singer, Performer


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Tommy Ca$h Vercetti from Detroit to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Tommy Ca$h Vercetti! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Tommy Ca$h Vercetti: At a young age, I fell in love with Hip-Hop and R&B. Throughout the years I studied Jay-z, Biggie, Stevie Wonder, New Edition and other artist who have inspired me. It started with me writing rhymes and songs in my notebooks, to having the confidence to present my music to other people who gave me positive feedback and good vibes.
As I got older and finally linked with my Dad to professionally record my vocals and listen back to them, that's when I decided to become a artist.

The best advice given to me as a artist, is to be yourself in your music, create so others can relate, never let up on your dreams and enjoy yourself.

- Tommy Ca$h Vercetti


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes, I do perform live shows and soon as my EP drops I will be doing concerts as well. Live vocal performance with a Dj or band will be what my show consist of.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"Haters wanna act foul, but I still score And 1, built for this business, no need for no lessons, I just keep living and intaking my blessings, this rap game is a death match so I'm Russian rouletting."
- Tommy Ca$h Vercetti

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Right now I am finishing up my first EP "Food For Thought" and I released the first single "Money and the Fame" this past February on all platforms.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I want to sign to a major record label. I really want a partnership distribution deal with a major. The pros to signing with a label is that a label can help you with distribution, advertisement and studio time and can set you up with connections to different tours and relationships with other artist on the label. The cons to signing with a major label is that you will not always have creative control over what music gets put out to the public. The label decides on what's the best records you have created to put on your album or for a single.

Any last words?

S/O to my producer and partner TomTom of Aux88, S/O to my manager Chi Chi and S/O to my city Detroit,.

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Tommy Ca$h Vercetti: https://www.instagram.com/vercetti90

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!