#fantacyLife

Featured artist: Fantacy - #fantacyLife


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Fantacy from Pittsburgh to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Fantacy! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Fantacy: I was inspired by one of my boys I know since elementary. Around the age of 13 influenced by all different genres of music... mostly rap & rock & roll. We watched Wiz Khalifa & Mac Miller come up and rise ! That was so much motivation right there. That made me want to go so much harder to be like them but in my own way… but when he would freestyle it made me want to learn & eventually we started writing music together just recording and freestyling in the laundry room at my grams house on the IAMtpain app lol good times… After he passed away at 18 I told myself I would never give up and make it for both of us … I did my first show without him on stage but I know he was watching! Been at it ever since learning the ways and refining my steps

Be yourself, don't try and be just another clone.. be unique .. be one of a kind .. something people don't usually see often but when they do it lights up their hearts! ALSO have fun!!! That's what it's all about!

- Fantacy


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I play live .. I wish I had a full band, but that's another work in progress when I perform live it's usually jus need on the stage. Picking up a few instruments for live music and eventually to make different genre's of music

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Just enjoy this shit
- Fantacy

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on a mixtape that will take over Spotify.. I have a mixtape you can still go download on DatPiff ha I think it's outdated now but!! If you go on their and type "virtual reality" my mixtape will come up featuring all old-school video game type beats & I was very young and dumb at the time .. please go check it out I am 25 now that was probably released when I was 16-17

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would consider signing a contract with a label, but I know my worth & would need to workout a partnership or I will eventually jus start my own record label … The only label I would want to sign to right now is JetLife Records or TaylorGang

Any last words?

Shout-out to all my people that believe in me and always have I have much work to do. But it will benefit the world !

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Fantacy: SoundCloud.com/fantacytv

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!