Artist Spotlight Gator

Featured artist: GDawg Gator - Artist Spotlight Gator


i was told keep it real witcha self in your music, stay true to yourself, that’ll make you more of a threat.

- GDawg Gator


Upcoming underground artist GDawg Gator just answered some questions. Checkout the interview below and share if you like it.

Thanks for your time. How did you decide to become an artist?

GDawg Gator: I Started writing lyrics around 8 or 9 with my cousins. From there it became a passion just to write, I started recording around 13, after my first song I recorded i fell in love with rapping, music period. I had a natural talent for it, when i figured that out, I just kept it going.

What about concerts? Do you play live?

yea i play live, i just dont like the selling tickets part cause im loosin profit. Any promoters that hit me up bout a show and they mention sellin tickets i dont accept, other than that, my favorite part about music is performing.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


In It Just For The Paper, Mary Jane Purple Smokin, Gabriel Union Flavor-New Song ”I Swear Comin Soon”
- GDawg Gator

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Im working on 2 mixtapes, ”Clock In” and Face Gator 3 at the same damn time, Im just workin.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would but all i want is a distribution deal, record companies can get your where you want financially but try to take creative control and im not wit that.

Shoutouts and credits to the fam?

1 time for my city Orlando, Solja Rag, GGEnt, all my niggas still grindin hard for that money, Zom beats, OMG out of Bama, my young niggas, groundwire, most of al i gotta thank the lord for giving me this opportunity and for waking me up everyday to follow my dream.

So how can we contact you?

GDawg Gator: www.soundcloud.com/kinggator, www.reverbnation.com/yungin, www.facebook.com/itsgatormaine, IG: @g_dawg100,

Thank's for your answers, keep grindin'.

--

Amanda Aselia, the author of this interview, is a long time blogger and entertainment journalist with a strong expertise in the underground hip hop music scene.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

Share this interview and spread the word!