Building an Empire

Featured artist: D-loc - Building an Empire

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist D-loc.

How did you decide to become an artist?

D-loc: Well I always had music in my DNA but when I was about 16 my parents put me in this charter school in south mpls called MTS. Little did I kno they taught music composition which was perfect being that I had a knack for making beats. I guess you can say that was my start cause I been making music ever since.

"Work hard and stay focused…nothing comes easy but persistence pays off"

- D-loc


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I've performed for family and friends but I haven't done to many local shows at the moment but with this new project dropping soon I'll sure to be playing at some venues.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Believe in something or stand for nothing this government classified information needs a discussion.
- D-loc

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working my on my EP called times on broadway,I'm about 3/4s complete so be looking for that soon,I'm also producing beats for other local artist as well.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

My options are open but at the moment I rather build independently, in this generation we got social media to help propel your material so in my opinion you can do for yourself as much as a major record label but like I said my options are open.

Any last words?

Shoutout to North Mpls my city and all the family out there. To my kids Desi,Maya and Vonte I love y'all to pieces. To my nigga Surg3 thanks bro for opening up doors for artists like myself and to my parents and siblings that keep me motivated when I feel like giving up. Luv!

Where can we contact you?

D-loc: https://mobile.twitter.com/tang_beats

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

Share this interview and spread the word!