Fresh on the scene

Featured artist: Endo Gena - Fresh on the scene


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Endo Gena from Trenton to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Endo Gena! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Endo Gena: After an open mic experience that a friend signed me up for unknowingly with a packed crowd and after getting unbelievable love and feed back I was fill with a wonderful feeling that I knew from that very moment that music is what I want to do.

"Success is earned, not given"

- Endo Gena


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I do my live performances with just an instrumental so the crowd and listeners can hear my actual voice. I often do pre-meditated concerts and flash performances just to get comfortable with the surrounding areas I will be performing at.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I rather die dream chasing then sit beside of a bullet then to say I tried and couldn't then fake it and say I would of made
- Endo Gena

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Currently working on a mixtape that best showcases my skills and properly spotlight highlights of my music. The 1st single I have put out is my song "Think So" which is a track that captures my flow and style and way where you understand the king of artist I am.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would greatly consider signing to a major labels for maximum exposure. The upside of a major label is the capital , exposure , and access to outlets and opportunities but the downside is some of your freedom of speech is took is away and you can no longer put out songs as you please and being trapped into a certified image that your label will dictate.

Any last words?

Shout outs to my city Trenton and my family for believing in me also shoutout to Lexibanks, Streetsempire, DynamixrecordsFM, SupremeAllianceENT, and Lorenzo @ WMPG Podcast.

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Endo Gena: https://soundcloud.com/corey-funderburg

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!