Newest Hip Hop Artist Emerging From Mobile, AL

Featured artist: NonFiction - Newest Hip Hop Artist Emerging From Mobile, AL


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist NonFiction from Mobile to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, NonFiction! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

NonFiction: Music has always been a major part of my life. As far back as I can remember I have been exposed to music. Growing up I never thought about pursuing a career in music, even though I loved to listen to music. It wasn't until I was a sophomore in high school that I decided to fully pursue a career in music. I just so happened to cross paths with a guy who calls himself XPT and it was he who first exposed me to the recording process and production. Initially, I was not writing any lyrics. I wanted to be just a producer, stemming from my love of music. I started out producing music with a Yamaha 5-track workstation. At the time, I didn't even know how to count bars. I learned how to count bars from making beats. But the more beats I made, the more I was inspired to try to come up with my own lyrics. A solid year after learning how to produce music I started writing my own lyrics. But it was former No Limit Records artist MAC who really inspired me to become a full-fledge lyricist. It was the way he told stories in his music and his positive messages about life that made me think, "I wanna make songs of this caliber one day." Hence, the artist you have before you today!

"If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail." "Try not to doubt how good you really are." "Be humble and open-minded."

- NonFiction


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I try to perform whenever I can.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"Putting it down fresher than Cool Water Cologne/ So f**king clean cut just call him Razor Ramon"
- NonFiction

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I released my debut album titled "Food 4 Thought: The Entree' in February of 2017. It consists of 15 tracks of well-rounded production and lyricism. I am currently on the verge of releasing my next project, which is a mixtape/album entitled "Clean Cutz." I am also working an EP with fellow Mobile, AL Hip Hop recording artist Chaney The Gyft which will be coming out between now and next year. I also have a new album in the works which will be the third installment of my "Food 4 Thought" series.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I WOULD sign a record contract if the deal is right and works in my favor as an artist. The pros to signing a record contract: Less footwork for artist a major promotional budget. The Cons of signing a record contract: may be signing away rights to intellectual property. May end up in debt or account in the red if your release does not meet the projected quota or requirements of sales.

Any last words?

I would like to give a shout out to my Black Label Enterprise fam: T-M.A.C.(MACdeville), J-Fresh, Main LaFlame, Poppa, C.L., Blacklabel Pablo; Shoutout to Chaney The Gyft from Greenlite Vision; Shoutout to Drastik & Explicit from Dream Deff Records; the whole Mobile, AL

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

NonFiction: https://soundcloud.com/nonfiction-1

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!