Augusta Got Something to Say

Featured artist: Shaudy Prince - Augusta Got Something to Say


As part of our ongoing "Rap's New Generation" series, today we sat down with the upcoming underground artist Shaudy Prince from Augusta to talk about his recent music, his upcoming projects, his career advice and his overall experiences being in the music industry and he did not disappoint...

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us, Shaudy Prince! Let's go back to the beginning of your career. How did you decide to become an artist?

Shaudy Prince: I decided to become an artist the moment I seen that everybody was becoming rappers…get it? Message!
But seriously though I decided to become an artist the 1st day my bro Big Izz took me up to Killa Kuttz Records to rap in front of the twins Rah & Sky.
Izz trained me up on some hyperbolic time chamber s**t when it came to rapping. They don't call me Prince for no reason I'm slick the Vegeta of this s**t!
It was the whole Uptown musical influence of 5 Dub, Cypher Six, Izz, Sky, Rah, and Legend that was the driving force behind the dopest artist you are speaking with on today.

The best advice I could give another artist is make sure you learn the business side of this rap s**t. N****s you think is rich as f**k, whether it's in the music industry or locally in your city most of the time be broke as f**k simply because they didn't take the time to learn the business end.
I sat my a** down for two years straight before I even decided to step foot in this game because I really wanted the money f**k you mean? Everybody has a starting point your not just going to blow over night, and if you do if you don't know the business I guarantee your a** going to be broke again or in debt.

- Shaudy Prince


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I actually live to touch down on that stage! People who have seen me perform live know about my stage presence and its beauty, but as of right now I'm not currently doing concerts. I wan't to work more on building my catalogue and providing dope visuals for my Royal Loyals thats my super supportive fan base by the way. Without them there would't be a Prince.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


B***h I fill up banks (Philip Banks) no Vivian gah damn deez n****z hate to see me win!
That's the 1st one that comes to mind I got way too many of them I really do this rap s**t.
- Shaudy Prince

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Right now as the quarter winds down I've only been releasing freestyles, and maybe a few singles here and there top gear up for the crazy releases I got dropping for this coming year. I'm going mixtape mode shouts out to Apple Music!

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I don't plan on signing with a major label unless it makes sense. I'm talking about making me a whole lot of cents f**k you mean? Trillions!
Actually if proven my self worthy unto the CEO I would like to partner with Freebandz the label. Other than that I'd still proudly be running Hood Royalty Empire the most irrefutable, indisputable independent record company of our time!
Pros of signing to a major would probably be having a wider range of who you can reach demographically along with better industry connections that may can help build your brand. Cons is they control most if not all of your intellectual property. Thats why you'll hear them say certain things in the media about people trying to buy artist's catalogue.

Any last words?

Big shout out to my city Augusta, Georgia, but an even bigger shout out goes to Disgusta that's the new Augusta! Shout out to Uptown we gone be the new Black Hollyhood of the city too!
Lastly shouts out to all the artists I personally see working hard Brezz, AUG 24, Que, Marcus GLYB, Jah, Gas God Mayo, Jayy Fox, and Tay Narly! salute.

Where can people follow you to stay up-to-date?

Shaudy Prince: https://www.instagram.com/shaudyprince

Thank you for your time. We wish you much success in your further career.

--

Support the culture.

.

Share this interview and spread the word!