Step Into the Mind of Ant Tha Giant

Featured artist: Ant Tha Giant (ATG) - Step Into the Mind of Ant Tha Giant

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Ant Tha Giant (ATG).

How did you decide to become an artist?

Ant Tha Giant (ATG): I've always had an interest in music just off the stretch of listening to it, but it wasn't until 3 and a half years ago that I actually started writing and developed my own artist entity. I met a couple of guys I was doing a play with at the time, who were very musically inclined. In hanging with them, I started writing jingles with them, normally just inputting a singing part or a hook to a song we were working on. At this point, I had never done any kind of rapping before, except for mimicking my favorite rappers lyrics and funny enough, I never had any plans to do so, but one day I decided to write lyrics for a rap, my very 1st rap. After that, I fell in love with it, became addicted and the rest is history. After making music for about 3 months I developed my entity Ant Tha Giant aka ATG. I initially was doing this as a hobby until about a year and a half ago. As my skills have developed over time, I have decided to pursue in career in music as an independent Hip-Hop artist.

I would have to split this into two sections, one being "You definitely need to do your homework on the business side of music as the industry is 80% business and 20% artistry" and "Always have confidence in yourself as an artist and believe that you will reach your goals".

- Ant Tha Giant (ATG)


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes I started doing live shows in December of last year and I absolutely love it! It gives me life!

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I just kill the competition, then I get away like I was OJ, but my book gon be called "Yeah I Did That Shit, This Nigga Don't Play"
- Ant Tha Giant (ATG)

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on my first official mixtape project "Welcome to Ant'z World", set to drop in the late Summer. I also just recently released two singles off the tape "Sallie Mae" and "Unconditional Love". Be sure to go check them out!

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

As of right now I would not sign with a major label, no. The only exceptions I currently have would be Shady, Aftermath or Grand Hustle. Other than that I'd rather stay independent. I feel I'll have more creative control, I'd be able to reap more of what I sow and I don't necessarily need to blow up in the mainstream type of way, so independent life will give me more freedom than a major I feel. I'm happy with Underground independent success, but who knows what the future will hold.

Any last words?

Big shout outs to my Mother and my little sister who have been holding me down and supporting me since day 1, to all my family and friends that ride out with me, and definitely showing my love and respect to the city that I'm from, The Boogie Down Bronx!

Where can we contact you?

Ant Tha Giant (ATG): https://soundcloud.com/atgmuzik

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

Share this interview and spread the word!