Independent artist/producer from California

Featured artist: 28Grams - Independent artist/producer from California

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist 28Grams.

How did you decide to become an artist?

28Grams: I remember when I was 7 watching my dad perform in front of big crowds opening up for acts like Sonora Dynamita and watching how the crowd applauded his band and the smile he had in his face as a sense of accomplishment, also being able to wire up the mics to a mixing console and a dubbing tape machine what got me interested in doing music myself. When I got to middle school I signed up for the Mariachi program in Montgomery Middle School in San Diego, CA starting off with the trumpet and also singing the songs in front of many different people and also in front of my dad. By the time I was in high school I started recording my own work on Cakewalk Hone Studio 2002 and we'll the rest was just trial and error and here I am now :)

The best advice given to me as an artist was you can have $10 or $100,000 dollars worth in gear but what matters at the end of the day is what does it sound like baby! -Ray Charles

- 28Grams


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Currently I am a performing vocalist when I perform but in the near future I would like to perform with a live band :)

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I don't want your bitch I'm too picky, shit if I fucks with her it only be a quickie
- 28Grams

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Currently I am working on an album titled The Cure, which is a depiction of my advance in my musical journey. I just recently released an album on iTunes and RatLiff called Bankroll Infiltration and it's a compilation of my productions with several different artists that I've worked with in the past.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Of course I would like to be signed to a major record label like Warner Bros or Universal as such a thing would allow me to focus more on the creation of my work rather than to have to spend time in promoting myself and my art, but then again I do believe I've done ok for myself so far.

Any last words?

I would like to give a shout out to all my folks rocking with me from day one in San Diego and a couple cities in Texas, as well as to my 925Five Records squad in Bakersfield, CA and to anyone that currently listens to and supports my brand, and of course everyone who is yet to come and listen to my work.

Where can we contact you?

28Grams: http://www.thatounceisfire.com

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

Share this interview and spread the word!