Houstons Next Best Thing After Kirko

Featured artist: Yung $tew - Houstons Next Best Thing After Kirko

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Yung $tew.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Yung $tew: I was young when I seen my first home studio. I was around 6 hrs old My momma, my cousin lady red, and my momma current boyfriend at that time had been making a lot of racket during the night. Knowing me , being curious . I had walked in on a big studio session and it opened my eyes just a lil bit. It wasn't until I met Big Oso in 9th grade when I got seriously passionate about my art work! We had knew one of the seniors who was serious about the rap game so me and oso hit him up on a Friday and we recorded our first song ever called "Real Niggas Only" feat Killah K . After recording that song it was said in stone I wanted to advance in my career path and not give up on it til this day!

"When you recording in a room full of people watching, don't get nervous. Act as if you were at home recording yourself on your own computer and feel every word that comes out your mouth"

- Yung $tew


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I've done at least 10 shows already!

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"dont hang with no new niggas, in the booth it sound like a nuke hit us, I kno 2 killers and I know a couple drug dealers, but I still graduated true definition of a thug nigga"
- Yung $tew

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I release a mixtape on datpiff called "The Massacre" with about 12 industry remixes on there 2 originals. We're are currently working on a mixtape that's going on spinrilla, livemixtapes, & datpiff Called "Rich Dream$" with about 10 industry songs remixed and 4-5 original songs we haven't decided yet but it's gone be hot!

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

The only way I'm signing a contract bid if I get my creative rights and if they give me the say so on when I wanna drop my album/mixtape. Other than that the longest I'll sign for is 2 years at the most. Independent artist starting to take over now a days.

Any last words?

Shout out to my whole family & my support group, Zack , lil e, big Oso, Jonah boy, dada, Kd FMG La Familia (Future Millionaire Gang)

Where can we contact you?

Yung $tew: Http://soundcloud.com/ntrevel

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

Share this interview and spread the word!